The orthodox parish of Iosefin was founded in 1921 as a result of a considerable effort made by exceptional Christian orthodox people like Iacob Marian and Emanoil Ungureanu. The Parish Church, which celebration was chosen to be the Virgin Mary’s Birthday, was built between 1932 and 1936, and it was consecrated on the 8th September 1936, when parish vicar was Ioan Imbroane. This worship place is built in a traditional monastery style, with belfry, its design being inspired by the famous Saint Sophia Cathedral in Constantinople. The mural paintings are the work of professors Catul Bogdan and Ioachim Miloia. They were restored at a later time by Anastasie Demian and Victor Jurca. The iconostasis, the chandelier and Christ`s Sepulcher were sculpted in lime wood by Stefan Gajo and Stefan Novac.